Friday, October 9, 2009

Blog Day 6&7 "Secrets are Us"

So, I missed day 6 because of how crazy my travel schedule was. Today I was in a conference in New Haven Ct. That is not what this blog is about, but it was a really fun conference with Mike Smith, Georgian and Winnie Bannoff, and Ignite Team.

Now onto my subject: Secrets We all have them, good ones, sometimes bad ones. I heard a major leadership trainer say a principle that I believe for the most part "Everyone will tell one person your secret. No one was is geared to keep it to themselves." I do believe that almost everyone verbally processes secrets that are told, but some people have learned how to be incredible secret keepers, and that is where relationship of intimacy is formed....you become really good at keeping your mouth shut.

I am famous for telling peoples good news, I have had to battle the urge to hint of friends engagements, new babies coming, financial blessings, etc. because I love to celebrate. Other people are gossips and want to tell bad news because there is such enjoyment in knowing something that the whole world doesn't know yet. Reality in God: He trusts those with revelation and His heart who He can confide in. To confide means to keep it until He releases it. I have learned the hard way many times (to many times which meant it wasn't the easy character work) that secrets are better untold. Its a principle that people who carry a lot of authority have to live by, the faster you tell a secret the quicker you lose your authority.

So why do I bring it up? Because so many people are wondering why they are not growing in authority with God or others, and this is one HUGE key! On a happy note I will tell you one secret: Jennifer Toledo is going to name her baby Shawn! They love me so much that she can't help it! Oh yeah and my next blog might be on people who lie.

Love hugs and giggles

Shawn Bolz

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so true. There is something about knowing that a person can keep a confidence, even when it is hard, that gives others the confidence to trust them with the truth. I like the connection you made that God also waits till he knows he can trust us with some things before he gives us a new level of authority. This is to protect us too.

Unknown said...

deep and funny.